Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I'd rather be reading...



Pictures above, three books. Three wondrous, beautiful books. I walked through the stacks today, and sort of grabbed at whatever caught my eye.

I'd rather be reading any one of them.

First is The Principles of Uncertainty by Maira Kalman, she who recently illustrated the Strunk and White quite fetchingly. PoU is a lovely little year in the life of Maira Kalman's thought processes. It's all whimsical pictures and words in her inimitable style, a journey into her brain as it associates and creates.

Next is Shalom Auslander's memoir, Foreskin's Lament. It seems that Auslander has been everywhere recently. (Or, in the New York Times a lot, anyway.) I'll just say, I really loved Beware of God. I look forward to this one, too.

That colorful little book is Maggots, a graphic novel by Lightning Bolt drummer Brian Chippendale. He's a bit odd. So is his work.

Three things, calling me from the shelves. Asking me to sit down and read. And not shelve. But I shelve. I am the Shelver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you.

tell all your friends!