Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Don't Miss This Stop!


End of the line.”
“I said, 'end of the line!'”
I finally realized that I was being addressed, looked up, and it sunk in. I'd missed my bus stop. I had missed it by a lot.
That scenario has played out only a couple of times in my career as a bookseller at University Book Store: once when I was reading the YA novel Hunger Games; another time when I was rereading the sexy vampire novel Sunshine (for the third or so time); and now. I shook my head---in humor and disbelief---and then answered the question that the driver had put to me.
“What are you reading?”
“It's called the Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss, and it's the start of a series called the Kingkiller Chronicles.” And, I thought, even though the main character's name is almost unpronounceable (Kvothe), it is well worth checking out.
Pat, Mr. Rothfuss, is scheduled to appear for a book signing event at University Book Store on March 1st, which coincides with the unveiling of his second book, The Wise Man's Fear. And I put this to you dear reader: the challenge to read his first book before that so that you can take part in this great occasion. It is bound to be an evening to remember.


--Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you.

tell all your friends!