Monday, September 11, 2006

Advice to a Young Blogger

Here's the advice I got from Gerry Canavan at Backwards City Review. If you don't know his blog and journal, find out. It's half superheroes, half literary heroes. One of my favorites.

"There will be days on the blog, and not only in the beginning, when it seems like you are simply talking to yourself. (You will be.) Keep going. Or don't. Honestly, no one will notice either way."

It's just that kind of infectious optimism that got me into the book blogging game, Gerry! Thanks!

Seriously, though. Check out Backwards City Review. In their first four issues they've published up and coming fiction writers like Cory Doctorow, Chris Bachelder, and Roy Kesey. And they've featured work by poets like Tony Tost, Sarah Manguso, and Joyelle McSweeney*.

(Lest I be accused of not being forthright, I'll mention that yours truly had a story published in issue #3 of Backwards City Review. I'd suggest the blog and journal anyway, though. I was reading them both long before I had a piece accepted by them.)

*McSweeney will be reading at University Book Store on October 20 at 7pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you.

tell all your friends!