Friday, January 26, 2007

I'd rather be reading...


EmbryoyoMove
Originally uploaded by ubs_blogger.
If today I was just sitting around reading, I think I'd be reading one of these two titles.

It would either be the new book of poems by Dean Young, Embryoyo. Here's a sample line from "Sean Penn Anti-Ode":

"Must Sean Penn always look like he's squeezing/the last drops out of a sponge and the sponge/is his face? Even the back of his head grimaces."

Dean Young is awesome. Even though he's not this Dean Young.

Or it would be Move Under Ground by Nick Mamatas. In Move Under Ground, Jack Kerouac and a ragtag band of beats must save the world from the Elder Gods of H.P. Lovecraft bizarre Cthulhu stories. I also eagerly await Under My Roof, the next Mamatas book, due any day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you.

tell all your friends!