Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'd rather be reading...



Somehow, Kevin Brockmeier has managed to sneak out a book without me knowing about it. I hate it when that happens.

And it's a collection of stories! How fondly I remember reading "The Ceiling" and "A Day in the Life of Half of Rumpelstiltskin" in 2002's Things That Fall from the Sky. A friend suggested his work to me.

My favorite form (the short story) and one of my favorite contemporary writers. And instead of reading, I have to shelve. Sad, really. I'd much rather be sitting outside with a copy of The View from the Seventh Layer.

(You may notice that a copy of Bad Bad by Chelsey Minnis has snuck into the picture. Just getting ready for National Poetry Month.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you.

tell all your friends!