Friday, October 17, 2008

Well, I could make dinner, or I could just eat this cheese and read about food

Food... reading... reading about food.

To my mind, this is a logical progression, which explains why I own so many cookbooks and cook so infrequently anymore. The nice thing nowadays is, I can read some really interesting, informative books about food, like the following, without guilt (and with take-out.)

A Revolution in taste: The Rise of French Cuisine, by Susan Pinkard, from the august Cambridge Press. (Is Bakery Nouveau still open this late?)









Tuna: A Love Story, by Richard Ellis, who's coming to the Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture on October 30th, to give a talk on tuna, presumably. (Maybe I want Sushi.)











And, new in paperback:



The Tenth Muse: My Life in Food, by Judith Jones, a who's who memoir of modern cookery.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you.

tell all your friends!