Friday, January 02, 2009

nyrb Classics Sale!

They're back! The glorious reprints of world classics from nyrb are back in the lobby, on sale for 40 to 60 % off their original cover prices. This is one of the more tempting sales offered here at UBS. Trust me, I speak from experience.

This time I found titles from Caroline Blackwood, John Horne Burns, Henry James, Glenway Westcott, Hugo Von Hofmannsthal. Even the memoir by Proust's devoted housekeeper, Celeste Albaret! Most exciting for me, I found all the nyrb reprints of Leonardo Sciascia, about whom I wrote a blog entry back in December. He is a masterful crime writer whose acid depictions of government and mafia corruption in Italy are as thrilling to read now as they were controversial thirty years ago.

So get in here and shop while all these great titles are discounted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you.

tell all your friends!