Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I'd rather be reading...


Two2, originally uploaded by ubs_blogger.

Sure, I'm working. And there's a sort of satisfaction I get from that.

But sometimes I'd rather be home reading.

Given the opportunity, there are two new books I'd love to be reading right now.

One is Laird Hunt's new novel The Exquisite. Hunt is a heck of a good writer; a on the abstract side. Through Amy Fusselman, I discovered his Beckett-Noir The Impossibly, and loved it. And then came the Midwestern fever dream Indiana, Indiana. Fine books, both. (If we don't have them in, we can always try to order them for you.)

The other is The Boy Detective Fails by Joe Meno. I've actually never read any Meno, but the plot synopsis intrigues me. And the cover's really good, too.

There you have it—the books I'd rather be reading. But instead, I am working. Shelving. Always with the shelving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you.

tell all your friends!