Friday, February 22, 2008

A Bunch of Literary Links

Black Hole, a graphic novel by local favorite Charles Burns (reading at the store on February 26, will be made into a film by David Fincher.

John Updike on The Complete Novels of Flann O'Brien, which includes At Swim-Two-Birds, one of my favorite novels.

The 2008 Tournament of Books begins soon. I'm rooting for the Junot Diaz (my favorite book of 2007), but am really happy to see Jeff Parker's novel Ovenman in the list. The Tournament of Books is styled on the NCAA Basketball Tournament, and Parker's book's inclusion reminds me of my early college days, spent at a small school that (at the time) often found itself in swept up in March Madness.

Douglas Wolk on the graphic novels of Eric Shanower.

• The Stranger on David Shields' fantastic new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! We love hearing from you.

tell all your friends!